NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2021-2022 YEAR:
Download application PDF is on homepage at www.sumterchamber.com
Leadership Sumter – The Next Step is a leadership development system designed to serve the Sumter Community. The goal of Leadership Sumter is to help as many people as possible take their next step toward becoming a committed, empathetic leader with a commitment to develop personal growth and well-being towards those he leads.
- Because we believe each individual matters, we want to help them understand themselves.
- Because we believe people should make a difference in their community we want to help them understand others.
- Because we believe leaders have a role in shaping the future we want to help people make wise decisions.
- Because we believe everything rises and falls on leadership we want to equip leaders to change the world.
Leadership Sumter – The Next Step, is a curriculum-based leadership program with topics to include:
- The importance of organizations having a clear mission, vision, and value statements.
- Understanding family systems theory within organizations.
- Being an emotionally intelligent leader.
- Building a top-notch team by using the 5Cs of leadership.
- Seeing the interconnectedness of our community through the eyes of a leader.
Leadership Sumter is a nine-month course. The program will kick off with an orientation prior to the retreat, Date TBD. Participation in the retreat, September 16-17, 2021, is vital to laying the foundation for the entire program and is therefore a required component.
Class meetings are typically held the third Thursday of October through May at Alice Drive Baptist Church. A schedule of dates and times will be provided at the Class Orientation.
Your investment in Leadership Sumter – The Next Step is $495 and for Chamber members ONLY.
This investment covers the two-day retreat, each monthly session, the end of the year seminar, and all materials.
Participation is limited. To be a part of Leadership Sumter – The Next Step you may request an application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (803) 775-1231