Ambassadors Team - Provide opportunities for networking and member-to-member marketing through New Member Orientations, Ribbon Cuttings, Business After Hours and other various events.
Education Committee - The education committee supports activities designed to improve the environment for a quality education in Sumter County. The primary focus is on activities that help create a skilled and motivated workforce. Specific activities include:
- Provide leadership and support for the Golden apple student recognition program.
- Develop and support partnerships and programs between business / community leaders and schools.
- Provide leadership to coordinate, improve and expand mentoring programs in Sumter county.
- Provide support for post-secondary institutions in Sumter County as needed.
- Develop and maintain a list of web resources related to career and post-secondary planning opportunities through the Education section of the Chamber’s website.
Governmental Affairs - To develop policy and initiatives for the betterment of the Sumter community. This committee is non-partisan and does not support parties or candidates.
Military Affairs - To work with the Sumter Base Defense Committee as advocates for military needs in order to remove obstacles to ensure that Shaw Air Force Base can fulfill its mission; to foster relationships between the Sumter community and Shaw Air Force Base by providing an interface between the civilian and military communities.